|Professional indemnity||Public liability||Products liability|
Civil Liability in respect of any claim as a result of a breach of professional duty in the provision of Professional Services including:
Your actual or alleged unintentional:
a. defamation, libel or slander;
|Civil Liability in respect of any claim for Bodily Injury of Property Damage||Civil Liability in respect of any claim for Bodily Injury of Property Damage|
|Limit of Liability **||$20,000,000||$20,000,000||$20,000,000|
|Loss of Documents||$250,000||N/A||N/A|
|Inquires & Proceedings||$50,000||N/A||N/A|
|Standard Excess||Loss of Documents: $1,000||N/A||N/A|
|Basis of Cover***||Claims Made||Claims Made||Claims Made|
|Territorial Limit||Worldwide Excluding USA / Canada||Worldwide Excluding USA / Canada||Worldwide Excluding USA / Canada|
|Court Attendance Costs||$500 per day | $25,000 for all claims in the aggregate||X||X|
|Fraud and Dishonesty||✓||X||X|
|Good Samaritan Acts||✓||X||X|
|Inquiries and Proceedings||✓||X||X|
|Loss of Documents||✓||X||X|
|Reinstatement of Limit of Liability||✓||✓||X|
|Run-off Cover (for members who retire or permanenety cease to practice - not applicable to students)||✓||after 30/04/15||after 30/04/15|
|Teaching, Publications, Expert Opinion Reports||✓||X||X|
|Conferences, Training or Teaching||X||✓||✓|
|Temporary Leave of Absence subject to policy terms and conditions||✓||✓||✓|
|Volunteer Services < 60 days for approved countries||✓||X||X|
PDL Master Policy Documentation
PDL's Non-Proprietor Pharmacist Liabilities Insurance Master Policy is underwritten by Guild Insurance Limited. All active members of PDL are afforded cover under this policy subject to the policy's terms and conditions and any individual conditions that the underwriter places on an individual member's cover.
The cover provided by the Master Policy is on a claims made basis meaning that you will be covered for claims first made against you during the period of cover regardless of when the incident that gave rise to the claim occurred, subject to the retroactive date and excluding known circumstances - please refer to the policy wording for full details.
Important information regarding your cover under PDL's Non-Proprietor Pharmacist Liabilities Insurance Master Policy
Your Duty of Disclosure
Before you enter into an insurance contract, You have a duty to tell the Insurer anything that You know, or could reasonably be expected to know, that may affect the Insurer’s decision to insure You and on what terms.
You have this duty until the Insurer agrees to insure You.
You have the same duty before You renew, extend, vary or reinstate an insurance contract.
You do not need to tell the Insurer anything that:
- reduces the risk the Insurer insures You for; or
- is common knowledge; or
- the Insurer knows or should know as an Insurer,; or
- the Insurer waives Your duty to tell it about.
If You Do Not Tell the Insurer Something
If you do not tell the Insurer anything that you are required to, the Insurer may cancel Your participation in the contract or reduce the amount the Insurer will pay You if You make a claim, or both.
If Your failure to tell the Insurer is fraudulent, the Insurer may refuse to pay a claim and treat Your participation in the contract as if it never existed.
Important Notice about your 2020 Non-Proprietor Pharmacists Liabilities Insurance Master Policy cover renewal
Important information - please read carefully
The underwriter has recently made changes to the Non-Proprietor Pharmacist Liabilities Insurance Master Policy cover.
The information below outlines the changes in cover. Please read the changes below in conjunction with the Policy wording, Certificate of Cover and Policy Schedule (where applicable).
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you do not understand these changes or wish to discuss your cover.
What these changes mean to you
- Cover is now specifically excluded for the payment of a claim that would contravene any sanction, prohibition or restriction of the UN, or trade or economic sanction, law or regulation of the UK, USA or Australia
- The Infectious and/or Transmissible Diseases exclusion has been updated to reference current legislation regarding infectious and human diseases.
Changes to the Non-Proprietor Pharmacist Liabilities Insurance Master Policy
following clause has been added:
SECTION – GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
the payment of such claim or provision of such Cover exposing Us to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, United States of America or Australia. This exclusion applies notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy to the contrary.
The following clause has been amended:
SECTION – GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Infectious and/or Transmissible Diseases
b. the existence or suspected existence of any infectious disease where an infectious disease is defined as:
i. a listed human disease under the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth) and subsequent amendments; or
ii. Rabies or Cholera;
irrespective of whether it was discovered on Your Business Premises or elsewhere;
this exclusion shall not where you or others acting on Your behalf have complied with all relevant published professional and/or government protocols and standards for the treatment of animals with conditions referred to in clauses a. and b. above.
Important information regarding PDL’s role in arranging cover for a member under the Non-Proprietor Pharmacist Liabilities Insurance Master Policy
a. PDL does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licenses (AFSL) so a member or a person who is considering becoming a member should consider obtaining their own financial product advice about Master Policy Cover from the Insurer or from another person who is able to give such advice under an AFSL.
b. PDL will ensure that any person who requests a copy of the terms and conditions of the Master Policy Cover will be given, without charge, a copy within a reasonable time after the request the following information;
- general factual information about the nature of the insurance cover provided by Master Policy Cover (including the period for which the cover will apply) and the role of PDL in providing the Master Policy Services;
- information about any amount payable by the person to obtain Master Policy Cover;
- the amounts that will be paid by the Insurer to PDL in respect of Master Policy Cover provided, or if the amounts cannot be ascertained, general information about how the amounts will be determined;
- sufficient information about the facility established by PDL by which the person may, by taking reasonable steps, verify with the Insurer, without charge, that Master Policy Cover has been issued to the person and remains current to enable the person to use that facility; and
- any other information and statements that must be given to the person by virtue of the Group Purchasing Bodies (GPB) Instrument Conditions.